Friday, October 24, 2008

The World Can Go To Hell (and for some reason, that feels great)


At the moment anyway...I really couldn't care less if the world went to hell.

I don't care who wins the US presidential election (though maybe that's because I can't stand either candidate). I literally didn't spend one single minute paying attention to the just-passed Canadian election. I didn't read a single newspaper article, didn't spend a single minute watching election coverage.

I'm sick of hearing about how McDonald's is the root of all evil, how I should buckle up, how I should go green, how I should only use recycled printer paper, how everything in the world is poisoning me, how I should stop wearing cologne, how "Bush lied", how every bank in the world is collapsing, how I should attend all four thousand PTA meetings they have each year, how I should volunteer for yet another soccer fundraiser and on and on and on. I feel like lighting most of my stuff on fire (I'll keep my book collection and the computer), setting up the Island Kingdom of Bachmania (subjects by invitation only), and staying there for the rest of my life. Or else requesting a transfer to a far distant galaxy from earth's alien overlords (I know they're there because I have had "special spiritual experiences").

All I want to do anymore is hang out with trusted friends (which currently include my children, my brother, and three or four others). Everything outside that bubble seems, now, either rotten or soon-to-be rotten.

Yet strangely, I feel sort of at peace about it all...

9 comments:

Kholee said...

Why not just say no?

the wolf said...

Other than that, everything is just peachy.

~Jen~ said...

Yeah it is a little ridiculous...this world of ours.
Pretty easy to tune out.

Anonymous said...

Or you could go to hell.

K.A T.

Anonymous said...

Avoidant Personality disorder?You need to check that out.You need to see that you bring things on yourself by your behaviour.Just sayin'. I am not affected by nasty retort which will most likely follow.Just want you to get help.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way.

June

Anonymous said...

Just realised...I mean that the world can go to hell,not with the previous post.
June

JulieAnn said...

Don't you just LOVE the brave anonymous comments that side-swipe and there's no way to really dignify them with a response?

So sad.

Nicole said...

Tal, I've been working on a special site for you (unofficially of course). If you really wanted to set up the Island Kingdom of Bachmania and stay there forever:) Why not?

www.bachmania.net

Gotta have a passphrase to register. You said invitation only, right? I thought it was a cool idea.

Best...
Nicole