Saturday, November 3, 2007

It Begins...

England - that was disappointing. I just got back a few weeks ago after spending a month studying at the prestigious University College London.

You see...I've been interested in psychology ever since finding out - well, ever since finding out in late 2003 that I'd been wrong about everything that was most important to me in life; and on a whim last August, after finding the course during an internet search, I applied to the master's of science program at UCL in Cognitive and Decision Sciences, offered through the psychology department. And - they let me in! (By the way, my BA's in Political Science).

I was thrilled. Our plan was for me to start the course and find a rental home in my spare time for all of us to stay until spring, then fly everyone over; so on Sunday, September 23, I kissed everyone in Victoria goodbye and set off for Merry Olde on the adventure of a lifetime.

I landed at Heathrow the next morning, made my way to the room I'd found over the internet at the last minute (located in Forest Hill, in southeast London), dropped off my bags, and then made my way to UCL with no clue what to expect, not having set foot in a university classroom for fourteen years, let alone a graduate class in an unfamiliar environment. And that is how my month long adventure in England began.

More later.

13 comments:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linnette said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hodyjo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Warren G said...

what did you think about your time at UCL? I studied the same course so was curious...